Jesus Pavilion started out as a house fellowship in September 2002 under the leadership of Pastor Jide and Deaconess Jumoke Erin-Oluwa at the home of Brother Matthew and Sister Rose Asenguah, 4 Drawell Close Plumstead London. 10 people comprising of 6 adults and 4 children attended the first meeting and this was our humble beginning.
The fellowship rapidly grew to about 30 people within a couple of months. The inauguration of the Church took place at Plumstead Leisure Centre, London on October 27th 2002, which was our place of worship for a long time.
Pastor Jide Erin-Oluwa was pastoring both our mother parish “Church for All Nations”, Abbeywood and “Jesus Pavilion” with the assistance from Minister Yomi Peters until 2003 when the Lord confirmed the calling upon Minister Peters life who took over the leadership of the church fully.
Minister Peters was adamant that he was not going to be a pastor because of his perception of pastors, but after much prayers and tough times, an open confirmation finally came in year 2003 through Bishop Bernard Azare from Ghana . This marked the beginning of a turn around over his life and his ministry. Presently the church is located at Greenwich Community College.
The Lord increased us above and beyond all our expectations as we grew in leaps and bounds.
Jesus Pavilion, began in 2002 with a vision of developing leaders to:
- Evangelise to the local community
- Disciplining people for the future
- Equipping and training people to do the work of ministry in the community
- Empowering people to serve effectively in the body of Christ and the community
- Developing the gift and talent in each individual so as to use it to serve the Lord effectively
- Mentoring people by sharing God given resources.